XIAM007

Making Unique Observations in a Very Cluttered World

Friday 16 August 2013

Reporter created website to explain his Suicide... INCLUDED GPS COORDINATES OF $200K BURIED TREASURE... -

Reporter created website to explain his Suicide...  INCLUDED GPS COORDINATES OF $200K BURIED TREASURE... - 



60-year-old Martin Manley committed suicide on 8/15 in front of the Overland Park police station. But before doing so, he did what no other person who’ve taken their lives have done. He put up a website attempting to explain his decision.

It’s a memoir of sorts which goes through his past, present and future and tries to build an understanding of what he was going through and why he decided to kill himself. He was suffering from grapheme-color synesthesia and his mind was deteriorating rapidly.

I began seeing the problems that come with aging some time ago. I was sick of leaving the garage door open overnight. I was sick of forgetting to zip up when I put on my pants. I was sick of forgetting the names of my best friends. I was sick of going downstairs and having no idea why. I was sick of watching a movie, going to my account on IMDB to type up a review and realizing I’ve already seen it and, worse, already written a review! I was sick of having to dig through the trash to find an envelope that was sent to me so I could remember my own address – especially since I lived in the same place for the last nine years!

The site is here but you may want to try the mirror that can be found here.

It’s no doubt an interesting read but one part of the website is starting to overshadow the rest. The location of his buried treasure. That’s right. Martin Manley left the GPS coordinates to his wealth.

I had no financial problems. I sold my house which was completely paid for in 1998. The same year I bought $30,000 in 1/10 ounce gold coins and pre 1965 silver coins. Gold was $300/ounce when I bought it and silver was $4/ounce. Gold went up to $1,700 and Silver to $44 making my stash worth over $200,000.

38.800542, -94.687884

That bit of info has now brought citizens and police to a forest in Kansas City in search of Curly’s Manley’s gold.

Read more - 

No comments:

Post a Comment