XIAM007

Making Unique Observations in a Very Cluttered World

Sunday 15 June 2014

Pope Francis ditches bulletproof Popemobile...  'At my age I don't have much to lose'... - 



Pope Francis has announced he will no longer used a bullet-proof Popemobile as the glass 'sardine can' keeps him away from the people. 
The armoured vehicles were introduced after the 1981 assassination attempt of Pope John Paul II in a bid to prevent further attacks on the leader of the Roman Catholic Church. 
During the interview with a Spanish newspaper which was reported by Vatican Radio, Pope Francis said: 'It is true that anything could happen, but let's face it, at my age I don't have much to lose.'

He continued: 'I know that something could happen to me, but it's in the hands of God.' 
The Argentinian pontiff was more diplomatic when questioned on the World Cup claiming he will be neutral when it comes to who he will support during the competition. 

When asked about his legacy, Pope Francis said: 'I have not thought about this. But I like it when you recall someone and say "he was a good guy, he did what he could, and he was not that bad." With that, I would be content.'

Read more: -
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2657967/At-age-I-dont-lose-Pope-Francis-ditches-bulletproof-Popemobile-protected-pontiffs-1981.html

No comments:

Post a Comment