XIAM007

Making Unique Observations in a Very Cluttered World

Sunday 23 June 2013

Three Foot Snake Found By Woman In Wal-Mart Potato Bag -


Three Foot Snake Found By Woman In Wal-Mart Potato Bag - 



Walmart promises a lot of bang for the buck, but one Pennsylvania woman got way more than she bargained for when she bought a bag of potatoes at Walmart: In addition to the produce, her bag contained a three-and-a-half foot long snake. Yech!

Bonnie Raygor had bought a bag of potatoes at Walmart in North Huntington, Pennsylvania. About six days later, she broke open the sealed bag to begin making dinner – and discovered a snake inside. “First I saw it’s underbelly, which is white. I thought I had a bad potato,” Raygor said. “Instead I had a snake. The bag was sealed. The only thing that’s in it are the little holes, so I’m assuming it was in there when I bought it. I screamed.”

Raygor instinctively grabbed the snake and put it in a vacant reptile enclosure her family had created for a pet snake they once owned. Only after the fact did she do some internet research, which led her to conclude that the snake is a non-poisonous corn snake. Or, as Raygor said, “I’m hoping it’s a corn snake, because I just stuck my hand in [the bag] and grabbed it.”

Because the bag was sealed right up until the moment Raygor broke it open, save for a few tiny vent holes so that the potatoes could breath, Raygor assumes that the snake got into the bag when it was originally packed.

Raygor immediately called Walmart. The first thing she was told was to bring the snake to the Lawn and Gardner department, but Raygor wanted something more than having to make an extra trip to Walmart. When she finally spoke to a manager, “He said if I had a receipt, I could get a refund.”

Walmart told WTAE News that it was going to contact the distributor of Harvest Gold potatoes, the brand that Raygor bought. Raygor knows what she wants from Walmart, and it’s more than just a refund. “I think they need to find out where it came from. They owe me an apology.”

Read more -

No comments:

Post a Comment