Making Unique Observations in a Very Cluttered World

Monday, 7 January 2013

Lottery winner fatally poisoned a day after collecting jackpot -

Lottery winner fatally poisoned a day after collecting jackpot - 

A U.S. medical examiner says a lottery winner was fatally poisoned with cyanide a day after he collected nearly $425,000.

Cook County Medical Examiner Stephen Cina says a limited exam initially found Urooj Khan died of natural causes, but a relative asked for a deeper investigation.

A full toxicology test revealed Khan had ingested a deadly amount of cyanide, and his death was re-classified as a homicide.

Khan died July 20, a day after collecting the lump sum option on a $1 million win. He bought the ticket in Chicago.

Cina said Monday it’s likely that Khan’s body will be exhumed as part of the investigation.


1 comment:

  1. Hi there, just became alert to your blog through Google,
    and found that it is really informative. I am gonna watch out for brussels.
    I'll appreciate if you continue this in future. A lot of people will be benefited from your writing. Cheers!
    Have a look at my web page paparrazi