XIAM007

Making Unique Observations in a Very Cluttered World

Saturday 15 December 2012

Texas Police Officer Writes Ticket, Includes $100 Bill -

Texas Police Officer Writes Ticket, Includes $100 Bill - 










 

When Hayden Carlo was pulled over for an expired registration, he got a little more than he expected from the police officer.

Carlo, 25, was forced to tell a Plano, Texas police officer the truth about his outdated registration sticker, reported WIBV. He just didn't have the money to update the vehicle.

"I said it was either feed my kids, or get this registration done," Carlo told the news source.

That was when the Plano cop wrote Carlo a ticket.

In a heartwarming gesture, however, the anonymous officer also slipped something extra inside the folded citation.

"I opened it up and there's a 100 dollar bill. I broke down in my car -- what else could I do?," Carlo told WTVR.

Carlo's grandfather, Billy McIntire, was so moved by the kind gesture he wrote a letter to the police department.

"I get emotional when we talk about this type of thing," McIntire said to CBS. "You just don't find that many officers who would do this type of thing."

The police officer wants to remain anonymous, however, his co-workers plan to honor him anyway.

"As he told me, this man needed it more than him, and it was the right thing to do," fellow officer and department spokesperson David Tilley told CBS.


"He helped me out when I needed it and I appreciate that. I'll never forget that man," Carlo added. "It definitely restored my faith in God."

With the $100 gift, Carlo was able to update the registrations on his and his wife's car.

Read more -
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/13/texas-police-officer-100-bill_n_2294580.html

No comments:

Post a Comment