XIAM007

Making Unique Observations in a Very Cluttered World

Thursday 21 July 2011

Tiger's ex-caddy rips golfer - says he 'lost respect' for golfer during sex scandal -

Tiger's ex-caddy rips golfer - says he 'lost respect' for golfer during sex scandal - 


Tiger Woods' former caddie Steve Williams said Thursday that he lost respect for his partner of 12 years when details of the golf superstar's repeat adultery emerged.
The New Zealander, 47, made no public judgement as he stood by the 14-time major champion when he apologized for his widespread infidelities 18 months ago.
But a day after Woods made the surprise announcement that he had parted ways with Williams, the bagman admitted that he, too, saw golf's phenomenon in a dimmer light.
"Well, I think when you're great friends with somebody and a situation like this occurs, you obviously lose some kind of respect," Williams told CNN affiliate Mediaworks.


Williams was unhappy to have been dropped by Woods and felt the decision was scant reward for his loyal service.
"I've stuck by him through and through," Williams told 3 News. "Now he decides things aren't going well for him, and I'm down the road, so the timing's very disappointing."
He suggested that Woods would need to work hard to rebuild their friendship.
"First of all, the person has to gain your respect, and that's something that I feel Tiger has to work hard on," he added, while confirming he will choose his words carefully when he comes to tell his side of golf's most famous modern partnership.
"You know, when I write my book, it'll be the time I decide what I write," Williams said. "It'll just be one of those interesting chapters in the book."
Woods named no replacement during his announcement Wednesday confirming his split from Williams.
"I want to express my deepest gratitude to Stevie for all his help, but I think it's time for a change," he said in a statement on his website. "Stevie is an outstanding caddie and a friend and has been instrumental in many of my accomplishments. I wish him great success in the future."




Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/tiger_former_caddie_says_scandal_zO3GdMW2pGSGVPnafCIceK

No comments:

Post a Comment