XIAM007

Making Unique Observations in a Very Cluttered World

Thursday 11 November 2010

Eighty-four-year-old Mary Poppins star Dick Van Dyke says he was once rescued by porpoises -

Eighty-four-year-old Mary Poppins star Dick Van Dyke says he was once rescued by porpoises - 




Eighty-four-year-old Mary Poppins star Dick Van Dyke says he was once rescued by porpoises.
“I went out once and fell asleep on (a long) board. I did. And I woke up out of sight of land, and I looked around and I started paddling with the swells and I start seeing fins swimming around me, and I thought, ‘I’m dead’,” Van Dyke told Craig Ferguson on The Late Late Show. “They turned out to be porpoises. They pushed me all the way to shore. I’m not kidding.”
Van Dyke is doing the rounds promoting the Blu-Ray release of another of his twee classics,Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.
He was famously a heavy drinker, who quit in the mid-70s. Van Dyke didn’t say when the porpoise rescue took place

No comments:

Post a Comment